Raising a miracle.....

Stinson II (1/24/12 Celine II x Oz III), a Golden Retriever/Labrador cross.

Stinson's age.....

PitaPata Dog tickers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Finding his bliss....

Chewy's journey to becoming a Service Dog ended in January as he was unable to overcome his issues with stairs, and surfaces were becoming a problem, too.  A long time business acquaintance applied for, and permanently adopted, Chewy.  He's living in St. Petersburg, FL with Doug and his four children (ages 9-14) - a very active family that lives on a canal with a pool and a boat!  I visited Chewy in February - very bittersweet.  It was the first time I'd seen him since turn-in last May.  He looks wonderful and happy and while it was very difficult to leave him, again, he's in the perfect home.  Lucky for me, I have an open invitation to visit!
 After a play session with Fredo (CCI puppy) running around the pool and yard, Chewy flopped down and just looked at me.  I still miss this boy.
Even so, after almost a year off from raising, I'm really looking forward to my next CCI puppy - hopefully within the next month.  More to come.......

No comments:

Post a Comment